2nd Graders learn stories from the Old Testament, the time span between God creating the world and the birth of Jesus. The Old Testament contains many real life example of what a relationship with God is like. The children see Bible use modeled and learn an Old Testament Rhyme.
“All have sinned and fall short of God’s glory.”
“I know the plans I have in mind for you, declares the Lord; they are plans for peace, not disaster, to give you a future filled with hope.”
“They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your entire household.”
- Teach the children that the Bible is the inspired word of God and can be believed.
- Present and connect Old Testament teachings to the children’s everyday lives.
- Present the Old Testament as an example for a relationship with God.
- Teach children that, apart from God, we are lost.
- Tell the children that God loves and cares for them.
- Lead children to place or affirm their faith in Jesus.
- Adam & Eve
- Babel (review)
A Nation is Born
- Joseph’s brothers (review)
A Nation Grows
- Baby Moses
- Moses & the Burning Bush
- Moses & the Plagues
- Ten Commandments
- Joshua (review)
A Nation Taught
- David, Chosen One
- David & Goliath
- Soloman (review)
A Nation Follows
- Shadrach, Meshach & Abednego
- Esther (review)
- Year-End Review
- Thanksgiving (Psalm 23)
- Valentine’s Day (Ruth)