3rd Graders learn stories from the New Testament, the time span from Jesus’ birth through the spreading of the early Christian church. The New Testament contains the life, death, resurrection and teachings of Jesus. The children use their Bible to highlight and memorize Bible verses.
“All have sinned and fall short of God’s glory.”
“I know the plans I have in mind for you, declares the Lord; they are plans for peace, not disaster, to give you a future filled with hope.”
“They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your entire household.”
- Teach the children that the Bible is the inspired word of God and can be believed.
- Present and connect Jesus’ teachings to the children’s everyday lives.
- Teach the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus.
- Define the church as a group of believers seeking to live according to Jesus’ teachings and the great commission.
- Lead children to place or affirm their faith in Jesus.
- Bible Introduction
- Finding Jesus in the OT
- Jesus’ Birth
- Temptation of Jesus
- Jesus in the Temple (review)
- Prodigal Son
- Martha & Mary (review)
Teachings & Parables
- Parable of the Sower
- Wise Man/Foolish Man
Death & Resurrection
- Jesus’ Death & Resurrection
- The Story of Jesus for Children Part 1
- The Story of Jesus for Children Part 2
- The Story of Jesus for Children Part 3
- Easter (Peter’s Denials and Forgiveness)
- Our Love for Jesus
- Members of One Body
- Being a Witness
- Year-End Review
- Thanksgiving (Feeding 5,000)
- Valentine’s Day (Woman Washing Jesus’ Feet)
The New Testament Curriculum, combined with the Old Testament and Discipleship Curriculum, are available to download for use in your program! Click here to begin your purchase.