4th Graders learns what is means to be a disciple, or follower, of Jesus. Teachings from the Old and New Testaments deepen the children’s understanding of their identity in Christ and what it means to be a follower of Jesus. Children are actively engaged in looking up Bible verses on their own, and are presented with opportunities to engage in Bible application through multiple styles of learning.
“All have sinned and fall short of God’s glory.”
“They replied, “…Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved…”
2 Corinthians 3:18
“All of us are looking with unveiled faces at the glory of the Lord as if we were looking in a mirror. We are being transformed into that same image from one degree of glory to the next degree of glory. This comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.”
“Instead, we are God’s accomplishment, created in Christ Jesus to do good things. God planned for these good things to be the way that we live our lives.”
- Build on the Biblical knowledge of the Old and New Testament lessons.
- Deepen the children’s understanding of what it means to have an identity in Christ and be a follower of Jesus.
- Apply Biblical truths to children’s everyday lives and decision making.
- Increase children’s familiarity with using the Bible.
- Believe It Or Not
- Reading God’s Word
- The Puzzle Pieces of the Bible
- Who is God?
- Who is Jesus?
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- Loved and Saved b y Jesus
- A New Creation by God
- Empowered by the Holy Spirit
- Knowing Temptation like Eve and Jesus
- Confession Like the Wayward Son
Living As A Disciple
- A Heart Like Good Soil
- Growing Fruit Like Paul
- Love Like the Good Samaritan
- Peace Like Ananias
- Faith and Trust Like Esther
- Forgiveness Like God
- Obedience Like Noah
- Humility Like Nebuchadnezzar
- Choosing Like Martha and Mary
- Giving Like the Widow
- Prayer Like Jesus
- Worship Like David
- Community Like the Early Church
- sharing Your Faith Like Phillip
- Year-End Review
- Thankful Like David (Thanksgiving)
- Sharing Jesus Like the Shepherds (Christmas)
- Love Like God (Valentine’s Day)
- Serve Like Jesus (Easter)