- a non-profit organization, 501c3
- allowed by section 1546 of the Pennsylvania School Code
- entirely free to public schools and families
- funded through sponsorships from individuals and organizations
- implemented by trained volunteers (4-8 per class)
- offered during the school day
- 3 year program teaching Old & New Testament principles & application to 2nd, 3rd, & 4th grade Lancaster County students
How it works…
Parents elect for their child to attend Bible2School by completing a registration form available in their child’s school office, or by registering online. Registered children are picked up at their school once a week and transported to a local church, community center, or business for a Bible class before returning to school. By law, none of the expenses incurred by the program use tax payer money.
Why it works…
Bible2School is very simple. It’s simple Bible stories being shared with kids who would not otherwise hear those stories because they don’t attend church. We’re revealing God’s love and grace to many for the first time. We’re teaching them that God has a purpose and a plan for their lives. And they are feeling the joy that exists when God becomes part of their lives. His stories are being told and children’s lives are being changed. And we’re privileged to get to hear their stories that now include Jesus.
Each year, on average 56% of kids in the Bible2School program have no church affiliation. We are the church that goes to the children.